In this assignment, you will complete the first steps in the creation of a program plan for a collaborative public health promotion project for your chosen disadvantaged population. To accomplish this, you must identify those factors intrinsic to that population that will provide criteria for development of the most effective strategy to ensure a collaborative and participatory planning and decision-making process.
Having identified a public health issue and the needs of a disadvantaged population impacted by your selected issue (topic is Hypertension, in the attached document), identify health organizations currently working to meet the needs of this population group that might be relevant to the health issue you plan to address in your course project, and who could potentially be strategic partners in your plan.
Using the peer-reviewed articles and your Internet research from the Centers for Disease Control and other relevant websites, complete the following:
- Find the data trends related to the impact of the issue on your selected population and compare and contrast the effectiveness of current preventative health care and health promotion efforts.
- Identify the relevant federal and state policies and evidence-based studies that provide guidance related to the promotion of healthy behaviors in this population.
- Include a list of health-related organizations that serve the area in which your target population is located, whose mission and goals align with your chosen issue, and who might partner with you on your health promotion plan. From this list of organizations, identify organizational members (by role) whom you would include on an interprofessional planning team consisting of stakeholders in your chosen community and/or health issue.
- After locating data to support your choice of target population and the issue you have identified, indicate briefly how you plan to identify and prioritize viable options for addressing the health issue. You will research, design, and present a list of these options to a group of stakeholders in your next assignment.
- Length: 5–7 pages (plus cover page and references).
- Font: Times New Roman 12 pt., double spaced.
- References: At least six properly cited scholarly resources.
Refer to the helpful links in Resources as you complete your assignment.
Requirements: 5-7 pages
just make sure you pay attention to the required topic, which is in an attached document.
The most significant impact of hypertension in the population includes stroke, heart disease, and the associated mortality risks. Indeed in 2009, the number of African American men with stroke was significantly higher than for white men. Between 2003 and 2006, there was a significant decrease in the incidence of stroke within the population from 10.3% to 9.4% (CDC, 2010). The incidences of 30-year mortality rose to 45.2% compared to 23.8% in white men (Lackland, 2014). Death rates from hypertensive diseases increased significantly among African Americans from 1999-2004 (CDC, 2010). Incidences of death rates have remained twice as higher in African Americans men compared to white men.