An American Internet Technology company has merged with a Canadian Social Media company. Because of this merger, performance is not as optimum as the executives would have hoped; morale is low, and stress is up. The new company has decided to hire you as an Organizational Development consultant. They have tasked you with finding out the issues and what they should do next to get back on track.
There has been much talk about the interaction of employees between the two merged companies which has created some conflict, lowered morale, and resulted in less optimum production. The executive team has asked you to prepare a presentation. This can be PowerPoint, Prezi, or any presentation tool. Make sure you address the following in your presentation as you will be giving it to the management team:
- Introduce the characteristics of a high performing team.
- Discuss best practices for managing conflict and fostering collaboration.
- How does effective goal-setting drive productivity?
- Discuss factors that you recommend their managers use in the workplace to develop high-performing teams.
- Conclude your presentation by explaining how team development is a positive factor of organizational efficacy.
- High-performance team increases skills, independence, and greater flexibility
- High-performance teams are focused and committed, and they work towards a common goal with shared values which increases organizational productivity
- It increases engagement among employees and customers hence better client service.
- It motivated employees who innovate and are willing to take risks hence increasing productivity
[Slide 7 of 8]