Youwill be responsible for researching an assessment and reporting what youhavelearned about that assessment. Please be sure to useempiricallysupported and professionalarticles and sources for yourresearch
Requirements: 4-5 pages long
Directions: This assignment is somewhat of a research assignment. You will be responsible for researching an assessment and reporting what you have learned about that assessment. Please be sure to use empirically supported and professional articles and sources for your research. Choose one of the assessments that are discussed in the course textbook (Stanford-Binet, Wechsler Individual Achievement Test, Myers Brigg Type Indicator, etc.). Address the following items regarding the assessment. Include a title page and a reference page that adheres to APA style and include each of the following areas, as well as your responses. When describing the assessment, it is important that you cite the material properly. Failure to do so could lead to plagiarism. This assignment should be 4-5 pages long.
1. Provide a description of the assessment (2-3 paragraphs)
- Discuss what the assessment is (the name of the assessment, how many items are on the assessment, etc.), what it is intended to measure (depression, alcoholism, intelligence, etc.), and what is included in/on the assessment (questionnaire, scales, open-ended questions, etc.).
- Briefly discuss the validity/reliability of the assessment.
- Briefly discuss how the assessment is scored (by hand, using a computer, scanning).
- Briefly discuss the administrative and reporting procedures (how is the assessment administered to participants and how are the results reported).
- Provide a brief historical background of the assessment (2-3 paragraphs)
- Who created the assessment?
- When was the assessment created?
- Where was the assessment created?
- Why was the assessment created?
- Explore and describe the strengths and limitations of the assessment (2-3 paragraphs)
- Choose one article that addresses the use of the assessment on a specific population (2-3 paragraphs)
- Provide a brief summary of the article.
- Briefly describe how the assessment was used.
- Briefly describe the results of the article/study.
- Provide a conclusion regarding whether the assessment is an adequate measure of what it is intended to measure (personality, behavior, intelligence, etc.) (1 paragraph)
Like any assessment invented, the MBTI has its strengths and shortcomings. One of the limitations of this assessment is poor test-retest reliability (King & Mason, 2020). Many individuals complain that they got different results when they took the test a couple of times (King & Mason, 2020). Studies have over the years clarified that the changed results mostly happen to the dichotomous pairs. Another limitation of MBTI is its low predictive value (King & Mason, 2020). Typically, psychometric assessments are perceived as valid when predicting real-world outcomes. Regarding the MBTI, most critics point to its inability to forecast job performance.