Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 500–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Please use at least 3 references and citations. APA style.
In reality, making a purchase is usually emotional. Studies show that people buy with their hearts more than their heads. Sometimes, people buy on impulse because they like what they see, or they buy because they feel unhappy and think the purchase will make them happy. Sometimes they buy because they feel guilty or because their friend is buying something.
The following are two dimensions of shopping experiences:
- Utilitarian: Shopping to achieve a goal or complete a task
- Hedonic: Shopping because it is fun and because people enjoy it
Understanding these dimensions can provide insight into consumer behavior. Consumers can also be categorized into the following three categories:
- Impulsive: Impulsive buyers purchase products quickly.
- Patient: Patient buyers purchase products after making some comparisons.
- Analytical: Analytical buyers do substantial research before making the decision to purchase products or services.
What is your buying behavior?
Discuss some of the emotions that you might feel when buying a product or service. If you had to name what type of consumer you are, what would it be? Complete the following:
- Name the type of consumer that you are. (please choose analytical and in terms of shopping experience I can be both; it depends on where I am in my buying stage of mind.)
- Write a summary of how you feel when you buy something.
Requirements: 500-600 words
Whenever I purchase a product, I always feel anxious since I anticipate the shopping experience and acquire a targeted product or service. However, I do not get overwhelmed by the process since I usually plan to purchase before visiting shopping stores and malls. The only thing that excites me in buying items is discovering new products or services that I may need. It allows me to note down essential items that I will later budget for to purchase. During the buying process, I spend the expected amount of time in the shop or mall. I only focus on the items that brought me to the store that meet my needs. When shopping in open stores, I move with purpose since I can quickly locate my listed items unless it is a new shop.