Question Description: 2 Page Article Critique. APA format. Research peer-reviewed external sources for an article(s) that addresses different personality types or behaviors in the workplace and how to apply tactics for properly handling of each type. See attached instructions and follow all directions.
Unit VII Article Critique
- Due: Tuesday, 02/01/2022 6:00 PM (CST)
As a leader, it is expected for you to be able to identify with the workers within the organization. This process can take place during basic observation, performance evaluations, attendance, interaction with others, and basic characteristics or behaviors. The leader must identify different personality types or behaviors and apply the suggested tactics for properly handling each type.
Provide your opinion on the article as it applies to the following questions:
- What is the author’s main point?
- Who is the author’s intended audience?
- Do the author’s arguments support his or her main point? Explain different personality types or behaviors and how to apply the suggested tactics for properly handling of each type.
- What evidence supports the main point?
- What is your opinion of the article? (Do not simply summarize the article.)
- What evidence, either from the textbook or additional sources, supports your opinion?
Your article critique should be at least two pages in content length, including an introduction, a body of supportive material (paragraphs), and a conclusion. Be sure to include a title page and a reference page and follow all other APA formatting requirements. The title page and reference page do not count toward the total page requirement.
A clash of personalities is not a far-fetched fear within the corporate realm, as people have unique experiences and preferences (Batista & Reio Jr, 2019). Therefore, an organization is better served to take the necessary steps to create a conducive environment for a collaborative effort. Beyond taking broad actions, it is essential to understand that personality traits may play a big hand in workplace conflicts. Using this information, employers can enforce meticulous recruitment and selection processes to bring people who fit into the organizational culture. In the same vein, employees can use this information to assess themselves and develop a better personality that helps them to correlate well with others.