The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate effective strategies for leading diverse groups at various levels of an organization while fostering collaboration and compassion.
Review the case, Blake Sports Apparel and Switch Activewear: Bringing the Executive Team Together. Consider the criteria for successful teams and the factors needed to ensure teams are structured for success.
Write a 750-1,000 word plan describing the steps necessary to create more successful teams at various levels in an organization by utilizing the events outlined in the case. Address the following questions and concepts in your paper. Be sure to support your rationale by providing specific examples. You are required to include three to five additional references to support your position.
- Define the characteristics and structure of successful teams. Describe how independent teams are vital to organizational success.
- Discuss the important factors to consider when leading teams within the various levels of an organization. Discuss specifically which factors are important to consider when leading teams at the executive level.
- Describe the aspects that are essential in identifying appropriate members for teams and ensuring the teams are successfully launched.
- Discuss the important factors for ongoing team dynamics. Describe guidelines to evaluate the function and productivity of teams.
- Describe strategies that can create collaboration and leadership initiative among team members. Based on the content provided in the case, explain the action that Barker can take to improve collaboration among the team members.
- Compassion is a significant attribute of many religions and philosophies, as well as being important for both authentic and servant leadership. From a Christian worldview perspective, discuss how would you empower your teams as a leader through compassion, honoring diversity, engaging team members in civil discourse, and supporting equality for all members as they work toward a common goal.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
Requirements: 750-1,000 word
The success and failure of a team depend on its collaboration. However, certain strategies can be implemented to build a collaborative team hence boosting productivity. Such strategies include sharing a vision with the team, setting goal expectations early, encouraging new ideas, building after-work team relationships, and capitalizing on strengths. Based on the case study, it is well illustrated how collaboration is vital within a group. For instance, the study comprises many individuals, including employees, executives, and educators (Eight Ways to Build Collaborative Teams, 2021). However, based on the survey conclusions, many workplace failures result from poor team collaboration. Barker can employ various strategies to enhance team cooperation, including good communication, proper work organization, creating transparent roles, holding team huddles, trying team games, and rewarding good behavior. Additionally, the team must ensure they have fit leaders for their team.