****** PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS, RUBRIC, AND REMINDER CAREFULLY
INSTRUCTIONS: Write a four-page commentary focusing on the the intersection between sexuality and politics in the documentary Oriented: Sexuality and Identity across the Palestinian/Israeli Divide. In other words, how and to what extent does being gay and Palestinian affect the experiences of the three main characters? Be careful not to include inaccurate information. Please cite the time in the film for the evidence used in the paper.
YOU CAN ONLY USE THIS FILM TO ANSWER THE PROMPT. DO NOT USE GOOGLE OR ANY OTHER SOURCES BESIDES THE DOCUMENTARY OR IT WILL RESULT IN ACADEMIC DISHONESTY.
– The film is on Amazon or other streaming services. If you need to pay to watch the film, please do so and send me a picture of your receipt and I will immediately compensate or I will include the price on top of my tips to you at the end of the assignment. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE FILM AS IT NEEDS TO BE CITED.
– Thesis statement: 10 points
– Content: 30
Does the commentary answer the prompt clearly? Is it well-argued? Are the ideas presented original and convincing? Does the essay contain thorough analysis?
– Organization: 20
Does the organization of the essay help the reader understand how the Ideas fit together?
– Language: 20
Does the use of grammar and vocabulary convey a precise message, and does it convey the message clearly?
– Incorporation of evidence from the movie: 20
Does the commentary use enough evidence from the movie to support all the claims being made? Is the choice of evidence appropriate for the claim being made?
– PLEASE USE ORIGINAL WORK ONLY. DO NOT PLAGIARIZE OR USE ANY SOUCES OUTSIDE OF THE FILM. THESE ACTIONS WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC FAIL AND EXPULSION FROM THE SCHOOL.
– AGAIN, after purchasing or renting the film, please send me your receipt and i will compensate
the name of the film is Oriented: Sexuality and Identity across the Palestinian/Israeli Divide
Requirements: 4 pages double spaced
LGBTQ community encounters numerous challenges in their countries, including discrimination, abuse, and lack of equal representation in the job opportunities, leadership, and education institutions. Worst of all, the LGBTQ encounters ex-communication from their community, culture, religion, and even families, which causes them to live a regrettable and seclusion. Consequently, the majority of the LGBTQ report depression, use of substances, use of alcohol, and suicide ideation. In the “Oriented” film, the three gay friends try against all odds to fight the community status quo and make attempts to convince the authority and the community to embrace the modern revolution and the emergence of the queer community and respect them like others members of the community. Being gay and Palestinian presents the unique complexities, just as illustrated by the three main characters, Khader, Fadi, and Naeem, as outlined below.