HCAD 650 Assignment 1:
HCAD 650 Assignment 1: Federal and State Law Research Paper
You are a health systems analyst with Mega Health. You currently operate a nursing home that falls under the Hill Bruton law. After seeing a news report on the aging of Americans, the board chair has expressed an interest in opening long-term care facilities in Oregon, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. The vice president for planning has asked you for background information on:
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
- Hill Burton requirements for your nursing home,
- Certificate of Need (CON) requirements for long-term care for each of the states listed.
Research the Hill Burton law and Certificate of Need laws. Prepare a 10-12 page paper in APA 7th format, including an introduction, conclusion, and a minimum of eight (8) scholarly peer reviewed references in the past 5 years. Include the following in the paper with a heading for each section. Discuss the following content.
- Hill Burton law requirements including a federal statute and any regulations
- Discussion of the pros and cons of the Hill Burton law and whether it continues to be needed. Include reasons to support your discussion.
- Recommendations to ensure management compliance with the Hill Burton law.
- Certificate of Need (CON) requirements for each state including a state statute from each state and any regulations
- Create a table that compares the legal requirements for a CON in each of the three states. The table should include a SWOT analysis of Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats to expansion in each state.
- Strategic recommendation of how to expand into all states with consideration of which state or states would be best to expand into first or last based on CON findings. Support your recommendations with solid reasons based on the law.
Like most other developed nations, the United States has a relatively sizeable aging population (Tkatch et al., 2016). For the last twenty-five years, the number of baby boomers within the country grew tremendously. Experts predict that within the next twenty years, older adults will outnumber children in America (Tkatch et al., 2016). Under the current societal set-up, more and more Americans are leaning towards seeking long-term care facilities for their aging family members. MegaHealth needs to take advantage of this shifting trend, and the best way to do this would be to expand and open up long term care facilities in Minnesota, Oregon, and Wisconsin.