The purpose of this assignment is to examine operational aspects of a health care organization.
For this assignment, you are required to interview a senior executive of a health care organization. Ask the following questions in the interview, in addition to two original questions of your own:
- What type of health care organization are you affiliated with? What is your position within the health care organization? Describe your role and scope of responsibilities.
- Describe the relationship between your health care organization’s vision, mission, goals, and strategic plan.
- Tell me about a time your organization’s operational performance positively or negatively affected its ability to deliver services and achieve performance goals.
- Describe the process you take to deliver a particular type of service offered by your health care organization.
- Describe one aspect of your business operations.
Submit a short 200-250-word reflection on your interview experience along with your 7 interview questions and the interviewee’s responses. Your reflection should include the following:
- Your reaction to the interviewee’s response to each question. Did you agree or disagree and why?
- Additional questions you have based upon the interviewee’s response.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
One aspect of the business operations described by the interviewee was telemedicine. The senior vice president mentioned the importance of this operation in enabling patients to control their prescriptions; this service was offered to patients in rural regions. I agree with the response since it would help tackle competitions by expanding the client base. It is challenging for most hospitals to provide care to different regions, but telemedicine is a viable solution (Craig and Petterson, 2015).
My general perception of the senior vice president is that he is fully aware of the roles and responsibilities of this position. Also, he focused on strategies that would expand the operation and profitability of the facility. Based on the interviewee’s response,
I would pose additional questions such as how they cut costs? How is employee staff turnover managed? Describe other strategies to manage competition?