Please, review the following case study. The following questions with guide your research paper.
undefinedMaria is 15 years old and 74 pounds overweight. Her father is an uber driver who was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Her mother works for a cleaning company. She is overweight with lipid disorder (high blood levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and triglycerides). She is taking two antihypertensive medications at present time. At a recent health science fair at Maria’s school, a student-led screening clinic documented Maria’s blood pressure at 141/92 mm Hg. The family immigrated from Nicaragua 3 years ago and they do not have health insurance.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Why Choose Us: Cost-efficiency, Plagiarism free, Money Back Guarantee, On-time Delivery, Total Сonfidentiality, 24/7 Support, 100% originality
undefinedDuring health science fair, the following data was recorded: 56% of the students with BMI 25.0 to <30 and 18% of the students with BMI 30.0 or higher.
undefinedConsider yourself a community health nurse.
- Is obesity a major health issue in the United States?
- According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NCHS, CDC; BRFSS, 2012), how is obesity defined?
- What is your role as a community nurse?
- What risk factors should be explored for Maria’s family for cardiovascular disease? Mention social determinants of health in this case. Incorporate the concepts of health promotion and risk reduction.
- Would you apply any of the behavioral change models to address health promotion and risk reduction in this case (theoretical frameworks of behavioral change / models discussed on Chapter 5 of textbook). Describe your selection.
- Public health nurses use statistics to demonstrate the need for obesity program development and community interventions. According to the most recent CDC data: What data were identified about obesity in children and adults?
- Is there a necessity of planning a community nursing intervention? How will you do that? Will you work alone or in collaboration / teamwork? Will you look for funding? How?
- If you decide to do a community intervention. How would you evaluate the community-level intervention(s)?
- Will you use social marketing to change health behaviors or beliefs, social or cultural norms, or community standards to improve health or benefit society. Which resources will you use?
- Mention research studies that support any of the above (1 through 9) (mention at leas 3 research studies in the paper).
Good health is the most significant asset that a person can have because a person cannot live optimally and undertake other simple activities in life. Illness hinders an individual’s capacity through pain or damage of core nerves and body organs, thus making the person struggle with seemingly ordinary tasks like eating, movement, or even thinking. The adverse effects of illness necessitate societal frameworks that embrace various angles towards prevention and treatment regimens. This facet recognizes that healthcare must not only cater to individuals but also analyze common issues from a community level or according to a specific demographic. As such, it has become imperative to broaden the scope of healthcare beyond acute care settings like hospitals and take a more proactive approach by addressing issues in non-clinical environments like homes. The modern world has encouraged the adoption of unhealthy lifestyles due to more sedentary lifestyles and unhealthy habits. Obesity has emerged as one of the leading healthcare issues facing the nation. This paper provides a plan community nursing professional can use to contain the alarming threat of obesity in their communities and the broader society.